When a Termbase is attached to a project, there are several options available to control how Déjà Vu uses the Termbase. To see the available options:
- Open the project you want to configure the Termbase options for, if it is not open already.
- Open the Project Properties dialog.
- In the Project Properties dialog, select the Termbases tab.
- There you will see the Termbases that are attached to the current project (if any), and you will see the available options for them.
The available options are the following:
- Read: If this is enabled, Déjà Vu will search for matches in the Termbase. It will look in the Termbase for matches whenever the Translate function is used, and when a Pretranslation is run. If it is disabled, Déjà Vu will not read from the Termbase, so it will never look for matches in it.
- Write: If this is enabled, Déjà Vu will be able to add new translations to the Termbase. If it is disabled, Déjà Vu will never add new translations to the Termbase, even if you instruct it to, for example, by pressing the F11 key.
- % Penalty: Termbase penalties are used to control how Déjà Vu decides what match to insert into a segment, or to present to the user, when it finds several matches in the Termbases attached to the project. You can read more about them here.