There are 2 ways you can combine 2 TMs into 1. You can do so by importing one Translation Memory into the other, or by creating a new Translation Memory and importing the others into the new one.
Import one Translation Memory into another:
- Open the Translation Memory that will receive the contents of the other Translation Memory. The Translation Memory you open in this step will contain the combined contents of both TMs in the end.
- Access the menu option:
- File>Import>File or Database in Déjà Vu X.
- File>Import>External Data in Déjà Vu X2.
- External Data>Import>Déjà Vu X3 TM in Déjà Vu X3.
- The Translation Memory Import Wizard will start. Advance through it by clicking on Next when you are done with each page.
- In the page of the Wizard titled Specify Data Format select the option Déjà Vu X Translation Memory (this option is valid for Déjà Vu X2 as well, since it uses the same database format). This page does not exist in Déjà Vu X3, since you click on different buttons on the ribbon depending on what format you want to import.
- In the File Selection window, navigate to the folder the other Translation Memory is stored in and select it.
- Click on Open.
- In the page titled Additional Options you can check the option Remove Duplicate Entries. This scan the imported Translation Memory for sentences already contained in the currently open Translation Memory and skips them during import. If you are unsure, it is safe to leave it unchecked.
- When you reach the last page of the wizard click on Finish. Déjà Vu will import the contents of the selected Translation Memory into the currently open one.
Import 2 Translation Memories into a new one:
- Open Déjà Vu.
- Access the menu option File>New, and then select Translation Memory from the available objects.
- The New Translation Memory Wizard will start. Follow it until it finishes to create your new Translation Memory.
- Now that you have a new Translation Memory, follow the steps described above to import each of your previous Translation Memories into the new one.
- Once you have imported both of your previous Translation Memories into the new one it will contain the combined contents of both.